That led me to Amazon and browsing for DIY guides to homemade lotions and creams and other skin care recipes. While organic is important for many, certain ingredients are important for others and of course allergies, personal preferences, budgets and a lot of other factors go into the final decision! That is why I decided I would find and feature six books.
A couple of the books also feature herbal recipes for teas and tonics as well so there should be a good base for almost everyone to find what they like or need. I don't own these books myself - my recipes are hand scribbled on little pieces of paper in my 3 ring binder. Not pretty, but it works for me. I know others like a nice, organized, easy to read book though!
- A DIY Guide to Therapeutic Body and Skin Care Recipes: Homemade Body Lotions, Skin Creams, Whipped Butters, and Herbal Balms and Salves (The Art of the Bath) (Volume 3)
- Therapeutic Body And Skin Care Recipes: A DIY Guide For Homemade Baths Products, Body Lotions, Whipped Butters, Skin Creams, Herbal Salves, Balms And Lots More
- Organic Body Care Recipes: 175 Homemade Herbal Formulas for Glowing Skin & a Vibrant Self
- Beeswax Alchemy: How to Make Your Own Soap, Candles, Balms, Creams, and Salves from the Hive
- Rosemary Gladstar's Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health: 175 Teas, Tonics, Oils, Salves, Tinctures, and Other Natural Remedies for the Entire Family
- A Simply Homemade Clean: How to Make Your Own Cleaning Products